Re: Tomcat installation blues

On Sun, 27 May 2007, Joachim Smit wrote:

To install Tomcat together with Apache2 properly I need the file mod_jk.so.

It is not included in the Tomcat-package so I have to compile it
manualy. Tot be able to do so I need the JDK. When I try to install
sun-java5-jdk with apt-get I got the message that the package doesn't
exist and when I try to install the deb-file with dpkg I get all kinds
of problems with dependies.

What should I do?

Regards,

Joachim

for mod_jk.so install the libapache2-mod-jk package for sun-java5-jdk make sure you have non-free in your sources list , run apt-get update and you should be able to install it.

hth,
jeff

-+-
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.