Re: Tomcat installation blues

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 08:43:23AM +0200, Joachim Smit wrote:
> To install Tomcat together with Apache2 properly I need the file mod_jk.so.
>
> It is not included in the Tomcat-package so I have to compile it
> manualy. Tot be able to do so I need the JDK. When I try to install
> sun-java5-jdk with apt-get I got the message that the package doesn't
> exist and when I try to install the deb-file with dpkg I get all kinds
> of problems with dependies.
>
> What should I do?

Provide the actual commands and error messages.

Alternatively, you could try one of these:

$ apt-cache search tomcat
jspwiki - WikiWikiWeb clone written in Java
libapache-mod-jk - Apache 1.3 connector for the Tomcat Java servlet engine
libapache-mod-jk-doc - Documentation of libapache-mod-jk/libapache2-mod-jk packages
libapache2-mod-jk - Apache 2 connector for the Tomcat Java servlet engine
libservlet2.3-java - Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 Java classes and documentation
libservlet2.4-java - Servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.0 Java classes and documentation
libtomcat5-java - Java Servlet engine -- core libraries
libtomcat5.5-java - Java Servlet engine -- core libraries
tomcat5 - Java Servlet 2.4 engine with JSP 2.0 support
tomcat5-admin - Java Servlet engine -- admin web interfaces
tomcat5-webapps - Java Servlet engine -- documentation and example web applications
tomcat5.5 - Java Servlet 2.4 engine with JSP 2.0 support
tomcat5.5-admin - Java Servlet engine -- admin & manager web interfaces
tomcat5.5-webapps - Java Servlet engine -- documentation and example web applications
webxml - Simple form-based generator/editor of Tomcat's web.xml files

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez