Re: Install which Linux? (or avoiding dirty birds)

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 10:31:37AM -0500, Gayle Lee Fairless wrote:

> RJ> Figured.  You'll need something lighter-weight than even Xfce
> RJ> (which is based on getting-heavy GTK2 and leaks memory).  There
> RJ> have recently been a couple of threads regarding people's
> RJ> preferences in light-weight WMs.
>
>        If you recall those threads before I can get to them
> with a search engine, I would appreciate it.  Since my wife
> has decreed a visit to the relatives this weekend, there is
> no great rush.

I just went through this for my PII with 64 MB ram.  Xfce was just a bit
too big (too much memory) so after downloadin and trying all the wm, I
went back to icewm that I used to use.

The config programmes for icewm are heaveweight; one uses Qt.  However,
the config files are simple; copy the defaults to your home directory
and edit as needed.

Doug.