Re: connecting HP Pavilion zv5260 to a tv

On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 20:07 -0700, Alexandru Cardaniuc wrote:
> "Andrew J. Barr" <andrew.james.barr@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > > I have a HP Pavilion zv5260 laptop. Today I got the HP XC1000 media
> > >cable from ebay to solve the problem with power jack. The cable has
> > >an s-video and my laptop's video card has a video-out.
>
> > What kind of video hardware do you have?
>
> Sony Plasma WEGA Flat Panel Color Television KZ-32TS1. That among other
> supports s-video connection.
>
> And NVIDIA GeForce 4 440 Go. The laptop has One Vga(15 pin) and One
> TV-Out (S-video) external ports.

I have an NV card as well, which I will be hooking up as soon as I find
a long enough cable.  Have you looked at nvtv?

-----
daddy:~# apt-cache show nvtv
Package: nvtv

 This is a program to control the TV encoder chips on NVidia cards under
 Linux, in order to get tv-out with a wide range of resolutions and
 sizes, including "overscan" modes. It does even work with the free nv
drivers.
-----

Aside from that there was a recent thread with some details about the
changes you'll want to make to your X config file.  One response even
involved your card: