Re: [Request for Help] Recommender system for Debian packages

Greetings Roberto,

yes, I'm aware of debtags. I'm also aware of popsuggest, which has very much the same purpose of my system. However, debommender recommends packages based on package descriptions, and similarity between users, as of know. I intend to include support for tags-based recommendations, but haven't been able to find the time.

Thanks for the response.

Regards,
Diego.

On 5/25/07, Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com > wrote:
On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 01:54:29AM -0300, Diego Pereira wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm currently working in my graduation project, which is a recommender
> system for Debian packages.
>
> The purpose of the system is to evaluate which packages are mostly used,
> much like what popularity-contest does, but then go one step further and
> suggest packages which might possibly be of interest to you.

Have you looked at the new package tags system?

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sánchez