[SOLVED] Re: 'mark' buttons of non-kde applications in kde

Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2007 16:31:29 +0200
> Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> From
>> 16:18:01-jw@johannes2:~$ echo $GTK2_RC_FILES
>> /johannes2/.gtkrc-2.0
>>
>> I delete that file and now the buttons get this nice frame for the
>> selected item. However, now the font used by these applications is
>> big, fat and ugly. So big and fat, that I refuse to use them.
>>
>> Is there a way of having a light nice font *plus* these little frames?
>>
>> I tried Helvetica 10, New Courier 10, Console 10, but none of them
>> worked.
>
> Create a new gtkrc-2.0 file containing the following line:
>
> 	gtk-font-name="Sans 8"
>
> Obviously, you can experiment with the font size until you achieve the
> desired effect.
>
> I seem to remember there is an option in the Control Centre to apply
> fonts and colour settings to non-KDE applications. You might want to
> switch that option off, since the results are mixed, at best.

Thanks.

It appears to be a problem of the 'theme' Qt that is set in that file.
Replacing it by 'Platinum' solves it elegantly.

20:06:13-jw@johannes2:~$ colordiff .gtkrc-2.0 .gtkrc-2.0-kde
4c4
< #include "/usr/share/themes/Qt/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
- ---
> include "/usr/share/themes/Qt/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
12c12
< gtk-theme-name="Platinum"
- ---
> gtk-theme-name="Qt"

20:09:20-jw@johannes2:~$ more .gtkrc-2.0
# This file was written by KDE
# You can edit it in the KDE control center, under "GTK Styles and Fonts"

#include "/usr/share/themes/Qt/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"

style "user-font"
{
        font_name="Helvetica 10"
}