Re: 'mark' buttons of non-kde applications in kde

On Fri, 25 May 2007 16:31:29 +0200
Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:

[...]

> From
> 16:18:01-jw@johannes2:~$ echo $GTK2_RC_FILES
> /johannes2/.gtkrc-2.0
>
> I delete that file and now the buttons get this nice frame for the
> selected item. However, now the font used by these applications is
> big, fat and ugly. So big and fat, that I refuse to use them.
>
> Is there a way of having a light nice font *plus* these little frames?
>
> I tried Helvetica 10, New Courier 10, Console 10, but none of them
> worked.

Create a new gtkrc-2.0 file containing the following line:

	gtk-font-name="Sans 8"

Obviously, you can experiment with the font size until you achieve the
desired effect.

I seem to remember there is an option in the Control Centre to apply
fonts and colour settings to non-KDE applications. You might want to
switch that option off, since the results are mixed, at best.

--

Liam