Re: why linux?

On Wed, 23 May 2007 13:45:32 -0400 (EDT)
S C <ojieurojsc@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> But, and this you could
> not possibly know, irreplaceable pictures digital pictures are on the
> hard drive and I will not jeopardize their existence for any reason.
> That means no installing anything new, at leat until I know a lot
> more about what I am doing.

That is stupid in itself. If you don't keep (multiple) backups of
"irreplaceable" data you might as well delete the data right now. I
mean the hard disk might crash on you tomorrow and then what?

Independently of the question whether you want to muck around with your
system at all, do make backups.

--D.