Re: why linux?

Rob Heilman wrote in Article <[🔎] 4651DD69.2080508@digger.cc> posted to
gmane.linux.debian.user:

> Many of the
> hardware manufactures do no release Linux drivers for their hardware.
> This is starting to change, but slowly.  In the mean time people in
> their own free time are developing drivers usually without even the
> slightest manufactuer specifications from which to work.

I would prefer that they open the spec and organize a kernel driver project
with the goal of getting the drivers into the kernel mainline.  I think
nVidia and ATI are shining examples of the bogosity that happens when the
vendor tries to control the whole show without any consideration for
usability in a non-win(32|64) environment.

--
Paul Johnson