Re: Really slow xterm

cothrige <cothrige@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> * Michelle Konzack (linux4michelle@freenet.de) wrote:
>> Am 2007-05-16 15:59:10, schrieb cothrige:
>> > I have installed xterm via apt, running etch, and have noticed that it
>> > scrolls really slowly.  I compared it to rxvt by running `time ls` in
>> > /usr/bin with rxvt taking 0.572s and xterm running at 4.633s.  Earlier
>> > it was even worse taking over 10 seconds.  It is a very big difference
>>
>> It seems, there is somethong wrong with WOUR XTerm.

> Actually, it has been worse at times than even above.  Yesterday, I
> ran the same test and it took 20 seconds.  I thought that was pretty
> awful.

But at the same time rxvt would be running slower (due to your system load)
since it's based on the load presented.

On the other hand, running xterm remotely, I've measured rxvt running 5 times
slower than xterm.

(though why someone realistically would do "ls -l /usr/bin" hasn't been said)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net