Re: trouble building glibc-2.5 and gcc-4.1.2

On 5/21/07, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <kamaraju@bluebottle.com> wrote:
Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade my system from glibc-2.3 to 2.5 and gcc-4.1.1 to
> 4.1.2. I did "wajig build glibc" but this results in a request for
> gcc-4.1.2. However, doing "wajig build gcc-4.1" complains about absence of
> glibc-2.5. How should I proceed?

Not sure if this solves your problem. But I usually do

sudo apt-get build-dep <packagename>

to ensure that all the build dependencies are satisfied.

"wajig build glibc" checks if all build-deps for glibc are satisfied,
and then proceeds on building the stuff. It's a nice wrapper,
murdering two sheriffs with a single bullet.

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com