Re: XFS Filesystem problem

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Greg Folkert wrote:

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 12:03 -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 03:45:01PM +0200, Andreas Grabner wrote:

can anybody explain the following to me? It happens in full production
use. Should i change back to ext3 ?

I can't explain it since I've never had a kernel error and never used
XFS.  Not that I'm suggesting that they go together :).

Personally, I use JFS with flaky power and have never had a problem.

Some people have played Russian roulette and didn't have a problem on the
first couple pulls of the trigger. The ones that did haven't been posting on usenet.

I can say the same about XFS.

At one time, XFS on i386 hardware was known to be fragile, especially when using IDE disks. If you wanted to use XFS, you needed to build a kernel with ample stack space due to nesting of calls with long argument lists
when handling errors under heavy I/O.

What hardware and kernel are you using for XFS and what sort of I/O loads do you have?

--
George N. White III  <aa056@chebucto.ns.ca>