Re: Mount a Windows partition

Matthias Brennwald wrote:
Dear all

I installed Debian Etch on a Dell D800 laptop. There's another partition
with Windows (an some of my files) on it. How can I mount this partition?

I tried the following so far:
- sudo apt-get install ntfsprogs
- sudo mkdir /mnt/windows
- sudo ntfsmount /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows -o fmask=0111,dmask=0
fusermount: failed to open /dev/fuse: No such file or directory
fuse_mount failed.
Unmounting /dev/hda1 ()

I'm stuck here. Help!

Thanks
Matthias

>> do  as # mkdir /mnt/windowa

do sudo nano /etc/fstab

and put with an editor in this file the following line

/dev/hdxy /mnt/windows  auto [or vfat]   user   0    0

xy is of course the partition on which windows is situated

this should do it: it worked for me under sarge.

regards,

steef