Re: Mount a Windows partition

On Tue, 22 May 2007 15:26:02 +0200 (CEST)
"Matthias Brennwald" <matthias@brennwald.org> wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I installed Debian Etch on a Dell D800 laptop. There's another partition
> with Windows (an some of my files) on it. How can I mount this partition?

Depends what you need to do with the partition. If all you need to do
is read it, all you should need is NTFS kernel support, and you should
be able to mount with the regular 'mount' command. Have you tried a
simple 'mount'? Just my $.02, and I may be wrong, but it can't hurt to
try.

> I tried the following so far:
> - sudo apt-get install ntfsprogs
> - sudo mkdir /mnt/windows
> - sudo ntfsmount /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows -o fmask=0111,dmask=0
> fusermount: failed to open /dev/fuse: No such file or directory
> fuse_mount failed.
> Unmounting /dev/hda1 ()
>
> I'm stuck here. Help!
>
> Thanks