APE sound compression

I see more and more people are using Monkey's audio
http://www.monkeysaudio.com/ lossless compression to compress music. Is
there some way to use this compression on Linux? I have found some
posts, but none of that worked for me. I use Etch.

1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-spanish/2005/12/msg00144.html
2. http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2006/03/msg00575.html
3. http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/01/msg02819.html

Solution 1 didn't work because provided link didn't work and i didn't
find file with Google or aMule.

Solution 2 did't work because mac-port don't exist on SourceForge.

And sol.3 didn't work because it's 32bit and I run amd64, and I tried it
on Ubuntu i386 that i have on the same machine, but when i tried to
uncompress file using file-writer output, xmms dies due to segfault.

That's it, I hope will find some solution. :)