Re: emacs21 font rendering
- To: debian user <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: emacs21 font rendering
- From: flebber <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 22:53:34 +1000
- Message-id: <1179752014.3562.1.camel@debian>
- In-reply-to: <1179746244.4446.12.camel@debian>
- References: <1179746244.4446.12.camel@debian>
On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 21:17 +1000, flebber wrote:
> This is my first post to the list so if i have done anything untoward
> please let me know.
> I am on debian etch using gnome I have been trying to get emacs or
> emacs21 as it seems to be called to work properly.
> It is not rendering fonts so words in the buffers are not there they are
> merely blocks litlle rectangles instead of letters. After searching most
> report that it is X that is causing this problem and to reconfigure X
> (please note all other programs work). So I have reconfigured X
> "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg " filled in the prompts but still the
> issue remains.
> If you have had this problem or just know the answer to what in X needs
> to change to have emacs working I would love to know.
Should have known package required was xfonts-face-el