Re: emacs and jed extremely slow

On 5/21/07, Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:

Strange.  I know on my system when my hourly rsync backup runs, it can
take a couple of seconds for things that are normally instantaneous.
Beyond that, I am not sure.  Does this happen all the time or only at
certain times?  Is your machine on all the time or not.  I know that the
locate database is updated sometime during the night.  However, if your
machine is not on at night, it may run at bootup, which would reduce the
amount of I/O badnwidth available to other applications.

It's on mostly at nights. And it's been night time when I h ave seen
this happen. Does nto happen always but only sometimes. Say once a
night. Seen this since last 3 or 4 days.

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.