Re: restarting proftpd

> Mark Grieveson <dg135@torfree.net> writes:

> > Hello.  To restart apache2, I simply use the command "apache2 -k
> > restart", which works nicely.  Does anyone know of a similar command
> > for proftpd?

> Maybe /etc/init.d/proftpd restart
> I haven't installed it ATM

> > Thanks,
> > Mark

> Tom

Thanks Tom, that works.  When I start it, I get the following:

debian:/home/mark# /etc/init.d/proftpd restart
Stopping ftp server: proftpd.
Starting ftp server: proftpd - IPv6 getaddrinfo 'debian.example.com'
error: No address associated with hostname

I've always found the differences between host, hostname, localhost, ip
address, domain name on apache, etc, somewhat difficult to navigate.
There was nothing relating to this (address or hostname) in
the /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf file.

I'm assuming there is something wrong with my /etc/hostname file, which
currently reads:

debian.example.com

This ("debian.example.com) was the suggestion I received from the
original set up of my system (that being Etch).  Should I add something
to this file? An ip address or something?

Mark