Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

2007/5/18, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>:
Frans, Cord, Martin, Pascal,

I'm writing the listmasters because reading debian-user has become
nearly unbearable for me (one of the sadly few DDs who bothers to read
our user lists) due to volume and offensiveness/repetativeness of
offtopic posts there. I've in the past threatened to leave -user
entirely, and I have in fact moved a lot of my attention to providing
support on forums.debian.net[4], but I would prefer that Debian
articulate a policy of not tolerating this kind of behavior.

Well done Joey.

As a "simple" debian user I have found OT posts the very stage of un-usefulness, so no more words to say on this.

I wanna point out another "off topic issue", about people on this list complaining for users who ask for what they probably call "trivial questions".
I think most of us had been a newbie, someone is going to be a developer, someone else a brilliant user. But there could be someone who only wants to be a basic debian user and well, nobody do worth these angry attitudes.

Best Regards
Raffaele