Re: Can't find cable Internet Connection

Roberto C Sanchez asked about lights on the motherboard lan connector for the cable modem. This lan connector is the type of connector used on US telephones which has a lever that must be pressed to release the connector. There is a light on which is just counterclockwise of where the lever enters the rececticle. At Sanchez's suggestion I removed the connector and plugged it back in. "/sbin/ifconfig" showed only the loopback entry.

Ron Johnson suggested I run "/etc/init.d/networking restart". It wrote nothing to "/var/log/syslog".

"ps ax" shows no dhcp or dhcpcd demon running.