Bug in Console

I've hit a bug in the code that handles character mode traffic and I'd be grateful if someone could confirm the correct element under which to file said bug. 'Console' is not recognised in the bug reporting system, and yet is the logical description of the failing element, so I'm stuck. Maybe 'Terminal' would be correct, although scanning the bug tracker would suggest not?

Essentially the bug only occurs in one specific hardware environment that includes an Nvidia GeForce256 graphics controller, and was not present in kernels prior to 2.6.18-x-686. i.e. 2.6.17-2-686 still works fine, but 2.6.18-4-686 delivers a random (apparently) mass of pixels in lieu of characters when in Console mode. This occurs throughout the boot process, and also after switching from 'X' via Ctrl+Alt+F1.

Anyone any advice, please?

Peter HB

PS Yes! I know I can swap the graphics card, but it *is* a bug and needs reporting.