[etch] configuring bluetooth for linux2gsm communication

Hi I've run into trouble while trying to connect my cell phone and desktop computer running etch. I've ran into several how-to's and here is what I've done so far:
- installed packages from debian repos
- started bluetooth
   /etc/init.d/bluetooth start
- scanned for devices
   hcitool scan
   	Scanning ...
        00:1A:8A:DE:A5:E9       SGH-E250

- phone was detected correctly it is samsung sgh-e250, but when I try to connect to the phone i get :

    hcitool cc  00:1A:8A:DE:A5:E9
    	Can't create connection: Operation not permitted

I can't get past that. Can anyone point me to some good how-to about configuring bluetooth and gsm phone? there is lot about that on the net but I just can't find anything relevant to my case.

thanks
jakub