Re: OT - Dilbert on the ethics of e-mail etiquette

On May 17, 2:10 pm, Paul Johnson <b...@ursine.ca> wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote in Article <464ABC62.1070...@cox.net> posted to
> gmane.linux.debian.user:
>
> > Proper MUAs auto-snip everything under the "-- ".
>
> > (Web gmail is *not* a proper MUA.)
>
> Do they support threads yet?  Reply-to-list?

Threads, yes (but they call them topics), if you mean that you can
view the thread.  The whole thread shows up post-for-post with the
opportunity to reply to any post.  Reply-to-list, I'm not totally sure
what you mean.  When I reply, it automatically replies to the list,
not the individual (unless I click on "reply to author").  Hopefully
there is nothing wrong with this post, I just clicked on reply,
snipped your sig , wrote and sent.   Unless you meant something else.

As far as I can tell, it conforms to the norms of newsgroup posting,
and has many of the nicities that you would expect from a newsgroup
reader.

-Ped

P.S. Looking at this thread, it looks like I have inadvertently joined
a long and venerable OT thread.  I am not worthy!