Re: Adding icons to firefox or thunderbird

On May 16, 10:00 am, "Eric A. Bonney"
<mailingli...@vanhlebarsoftware.com> wrote:
> How do I assign the icons to firefox and/or thunderbird?  I have them
> installed an running just fine, but whenever I put an icon on my desktop
> or in a panel I get either nothing or a little gear icon for them.  I
> would like to have the normal icons showing.

It sounds like you're making a new launcher from scratch.  Instead,
drag copy the one from the K menu to the desktop or your panel, etc.

On a personal note, putting app launchers on the desktop is a holdover
from Windows and is very inefficient--you can't even see them unless
you minimize everything; not to mention that it obscures your
wallpaper.  I recommend you put them on a panel, and also turn on the
"recently used apps" feature on the K menu, and set it to 3-5.
Hotkeys are also handy, and easy to use in KDE.

Hope this helps.