amarok / libgpod destroys iPod playlists

Hello,

I have a problem using my iPod with amarok from etch. Whenever I use the iPod
with amarok I loose the contents of all my iPod playlist except the first
one. I can see the playlists within the iPod, but they are empty.

It seems to be a libgpod0 problem. When I use my iPod in the office (suse
10.2, libgpod0.4.0) I did not have this problem.

I found packages for libgpod0.4.0 and libgpod0.4.2 in unstable/experimental.
But a 'sudo apt-get -s -t unstable install amarok' shows, that many important
packages will be upgraded or removed. So I decided to backport
amarok/libgpod.

Is there any advice how to build an amarok not destroying iPod playlists? Is
it possible to build libgpod0.4.2 from unstable without problems for etch. Is
it sufficient to rebuild amarok from etch sources with libgpod0.4.2 or must I
recompile some other things? Is it possible to compile amarok 1.4.5 from
unstable sources for etch (without recompiling other kde parts)?

Or much easier: Is there any other solution for my problem? Or has already
anybody a backported amarok/libgpod or is such one planed for etch-backports
in the near future?

Thanks,

Jörg