[etch] apt_preferences issues

hi all!
Can some one explain to me how /etc/apt/preferences file works? In order
to improve the performance of my etch box i downloaded src packages of few
programs and recompiled them (the debian way) useing my own cflags. Now
after instalation of those recompiled packages I have a problem to keep
them that way. My first guess is pinning... but... here is my preferences
file:

Package: conky
Pin: version 1.4.4-1
Pin-Priority: 1001
Package: enlightenment-data
Pin: version 0.16.7.2-5
Pin-Priority: 1001
Package: enlightenment
Pin: version 0.16.7.2-5
Pin-Priority: 1001
Package: gimp-data
Pin: version 2.2.13-1
Pin-Priority: 1001
Package: gimp-dbg
Pin: version 2.2.13-1
Pin-Priority: 1001
Package: gimp-helpbrowser
Pin: version 2.2.13-1
Pin-Priority: 1001
Package: gimp-python
Pin: version 2.2.13-1
Pin-Priority: 1001
Package: gimp-svg
Pin: version 2.2.13-1
Pin-Priority: 1001
Package: gimp
Pin: version 2.2.13-1
Pin-Priority: 1001
Package: libgimp2.0-dev
Pin: version 2.2.13-1
Pin-Priority: 1001
Package: libgimp2.0-doc
Pin: version 2.2.13-1
Pin-Priority: 1001
Package: libgimp2.0
Pin: version 2.2.13-1
Pin-Priority: 1001
Package: qingy
Pin: version 0.9.3ds1-1
Pin-Priority: 1001

and after apt-get upgrade I get:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  enlightenment enlightenment-data
  conky gimp gimp-data gimp-dbg gimp-helpbrowser gimp-python gimp-svg
  libgimp2.0 libgimp2.0-dev libgimp2.0-doc libsmbclient
11 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 9441kB/20.0MB of archives.
After unpacking 1229kB of additional disk space will be used.

libsmbclient isn't on my "hold" list and qingy isn't in the stable repos
so it won't get upgreaded any way.

But what I can't understand is why enlightenment and enlightenment-data
are being kept back and the rest is not??

I googled out some how-to's about apt and tried different values of
Pin-Priority with no luck. I just cant hold all the packages I wish.

Can any one plese tell me what am I missing?

thanks
Kuba