Re: Strange aptitude problem

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 22:12:10 -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   I've uploaded a version of aptitude to experimental that should fix
> this problem.  I'd appreciate it if people who are hitting this bug
> could download it and let me know whether it works for them.

The new version works for me.

I verified that my laptop still shows the crash with the old version if
I reject the first four proposed solutions.

After installing aptitude_0.4.4-5~1_i386.deb the problem is gone:
Aptitude now simply goes on to suggest four more solutions and then it
reaches a stable "*** No more solutions available ***" situation.

If necessary you can find a full typescript here:
http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer/daniel/aptitude-typescript.txt

          Florian   |