Re: dpkg-reconfigure of xserver-xorg creates problem for users!

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 01:55:35AM +0000, Bruce M. Ward wrote:
> Thanks to those who responded. Unfortunately, on this machine I'm
> restricted to using web-mail so can't continue the thread ...
>
> Michael - problem user is in same groups (and more) as new user.
>
> Here follows the output Florian asked for:
>
> [log files]
>
> I still can't put my finger on the problem! It _may_ happen only when
> using dpkg-reconfigure to increase the screen resolution.

Are you running X through GDM or startx? The only errors I can find
(Although, I'll admit, I have the untrained eye) are GDM errors, stating
that it can't find a screen to relay X to.

I seem to remember your original mail saying startx though, so if that's
true I have to say I'm entirely stumped.

--
http://digital-haze.net/~pobega/ - My Website
If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative