Re: Network connections breaking after bootup

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 18:47, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 10:52:16 +0000, Tim Johnson wrote:

> Or maybe there were many errors, too, and that is why it took three
> hours...
>
> Before you yank out the ethernet card you can try to boot with the
> option(s) "acpi=off" and/or "noapic" and/or "nolapic" appended to the
> "kernel ..." line of GRUB. You can press "e" to edit a GRUB entry, then
> you can use the cursor keys to select the "kernel" line, press "e"
> again, add the option(s) at the end of the line (without the quotes,
> separated by spaces if you want to combine them), press ENTER, and
> finally "b" to boot. (If this makes the interface work reliably then you
> might have some sort of interrupt conflict in your normal
> configuration.)
 Didn't   help. I'm going to pick up a new linksys card. Tomorrow
 or later today, I will try a fresh install off of a connection that I know
 to be good.

 I want to thank everyone for all of the help. As difficult as this is been,
 the support confirms my tentative opinion that debian is the way to go.
cheers
tim

--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>