Re: Grub without Linux.

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 12:12:02PM +0800, Mr. Ray Chan wrote:
> 1. Use a Win98 startup disk to start the system;
> 2. After your saw the prompt, use command "FDISK /MBR";
> 3. Done.

but that means if he wants to install another OS on that system, he'll
have to reinstall GRUB.

much better to just set up GRUB to automatically boot the windows
partition after a fairly short (say 5 secs) delay. This will allow you
enough time to boot a different system manually if you want, but your
windows users will hardly notive the grub menu appearing before it
times out and boots windows automatically.