Re: Network connections breaking after bootup

On Monday 14 May 2007 20:46, Michael Pobega wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 12:49:41PM +0000, Tim Johnson wrote:
> > On Monday 14 May 2007 20:00, Michael Pobega wrote:
> > > Nothing there looks out of the ordinary. The only ones having to do
> > > with the internet are apache2, bittorrent, and cupsys. Try disabling
> > > those and see what happens next time you boot up. Also post the output
> > > of this command for me:
> >
> >   That made no effect.
> >
> > > ls -l /etc/rc2.d/ | grep "S"
> >
> >  Here is the dump:
> >  [...]
> > thanks again
> > tim
>
> Hm, it doesn't look like any of those services are effecting your
> ability to connect to the internet. Does the internet work on all of
> your other computers?
 Yes. and I use it all the time. I'm a web programmer.

> Or have you tried hard resetting the router, to
> figure out if it really is Debian causing you these problems?
   I can reset the router in a while. Business interferes as we speak.

   Here's one scenario.
   Boot up.
   Log in.
   Ping router  -- fine
   Ping my current workstation -- fine
   Ping outside (internet location) ping stalls after 3 responses.

  Another scenario.
  Boot up, login, wait a few minutes, No network.
  How 'bout iptables?
  I'm working with client as I write, will have some time shortly to
  check iptables - but it's been so long since I worked with it, that
  maybe you can clue me in. My linksys router is doing the firewalling
  now.

thanks :-)
tim

--