Re: Network connections breaking after bootup

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 12:14:33PM +0000, Tim Johnson wrote:
> On Monday 14 May 2007 19:50, Celejar wrote:
>
> > I'm not either, but apache and bittorrent are both network services,
> > and bittorrent can oversaturate a network. It can't hurt to turn
> > them off and see what happens.
>
> What would be the 'debian' way to turn them off?  NOTE: I will need
> apache full-time, but given I find a conflict with bittorent, is
> there a way to turn it 'off' and 'on' at will?  thanks tim

The Debian way to turn off these services would be through sysv-rc-conf.

Of course, that's just the simplest way in my opinion. The way you
actually turn it off is:

cd /etc/rcX.d/
X being the run-level you want to edit
mv S(Y)service K(100-Y)service

So basically you change the S to a K, and change the number to (100-Y),
Y being the number that you are editing.

--
http://digital-haze.net/~pobega/ - My Website
If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative