Re: Network connections breaking after bootup

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 11:41:32AM +0000, Tim Johnson wrote:
> Hello Michael:
> On Monday 14 May 2007 18:41, Michael Pobega wrote:
> > apt-get install sysv-rc-conf, and check what web related services are
> > started at bootup. It could possibly be a daemon that is intrfering with
> > your internet connection.
> >
> > --
>  Done. If I read sysv-rc-conf correctly, the following services are running:
>  acpid, anacron, apache2, atd, bittorent, cron, cuspsys, dbus.
>
>  Do you see any service that could be creating problems?
>  I'm not a OS or network expert, but your suspicions are right
>  on, I suspect.
>  thanks
>  tim

Nothing there looks out of the ordinary. The only ones having to do with
the internet are apache2, bittorrent, and cupsys. Try disabling those
and see what happens next time you boot up. Also post the output of this
command for me:

ls -l /etc/rc2.d/ | grep "S"

--
http://digital-haze.net/~pobega/ - My Website
If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative