Re: vim wrapping [Was: Re: mutt is the bomb! (LDAP addressbook integration)]

Pierre THIERRY <nowhere.man@levallois.eu.org> wrote:

> > Nice, but claws will do this as I type ;)
>
> Does that mean that you can't prevent the wrapping to happen? Because
> I often need to type in long lines (e.g. code, commands or log).

Edit -> Special Paste - unwrapped
                      - wrapped
                      - as quotation

or just turn it off from the Edit menu (also Shift-Ctrl-L).

> Note that you could setup Vim so that it does check wrapping each time
> you insert a character when you're editing mail, AFAIK.

I have set it to "set filetype=mail textwidth=72 formatoptions+=acw".
It usually does what I want, except on rare occasions it wraps too much,
but can't find out what triggers that.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)