Re: help!

On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 10:21 -0600, Wesley J. Landaker wrote:
> On Thursday 10 May 2007 04:10:25 David wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > I just downloaded and installed debian 4.0 stable on my laptop a
> > couple of days ago, i've been playing around with it and its great!.
> > although i have been having a bit of difficulty finding a good guide
> > that explains just the basics of debian. Can anyone suggest a good
> > guide? i have never used any version of linux os before, i have been
> > using windows for a long time though. In particular i want to know how
> > to install and remove programs, and whats the difference between the
> > kernal and the terminal?! :S haha
> >
> > Newbie
>
> I've heard from others that this one is great, but I haven't read it myself:
>
> Debian System Concepts and Techniques
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/1593270690/

Martin F. Krafft (a Debian Developer (crazy^Wmadduck)) wrote that. I
have to add, he has a pretty good handle on the "Debian" way of doing
things. It is worth the money (USD 44.95) and the time reading it.
Actually a bit cheap in my opinion, but that makes it a GREAT deal.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C  2003-08-05