Re: 2.6.18-4-686 broke 8139too

On Sunday 13 May 2007 08:17, Adrian Levi wrote:
> After an upgrade from Sarge networking no linger works. I can see no
> reason for it.
>
> I have attached lspci -vvv, dmesg, and ifconfig eth0 and
> /proc/interrupts for both kernels 2.6.8-2-686 works perfectly.
>
> Error message is:
> May 13 13:12:39 earth kernel: eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa
> 0x45E1 May 13 13:12:39 earth kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed
> out
>
> dhcp-client refuses to get a lease and static networking doesn't work
> either.
>
> Can anyone else shed some light on this problem.

I havn't looked through all your attachments, but do remember on my upgrade
from Woody, through Sarge, and to Etch, having to add 8139too
to /etc/modules.

It's going back a bit now, but may have had something to do with the change
from the 2.4.27 kernel, to the 2.6 ones. It won't do any harm to add it
to /etc/modules, as if it's already loaded during the bootup sequence, your
entry in /etc/modules will just be skipped.

Just a thought.

Nigel.