Re: SSH daemon doesn't accept incoming connections

Jose Luis Rivas Contreras wrote:
> Well, it's very weird. If you restart ssh daemon does works? (
> /etc/init.d/ssh restart ) But if this has happened twice then there must
> be any reason for this happening.

I tried:
- restarting the ssh daemon, as you said;
- removing (purging) the openssh-server packet and reinstalling it again;
- binding the ssh daemon to another TCP port;
None of these has helped.
Only rebooting the machine seems to help, but of course it's not a
solution.

> Try from a different machine, you say that happen even doing it locally
> but you don't say if you're using an already existent ssh connection. It
> maybe some problem in the client machine/keyboard I guess.

An attempt to establish the connection from a different machine doesn't
work either. I ran out of ideas what it might be.

> Jose Luis.

thanks,
kuvkir