Re: etch - X doesn't start, video mode not supported

Oops; this was supposed to go to the list instead of the OP; I'm still trying to get used to using the GMail interface since my uni "outsourced" our email to the educational version Google Apps for Your Domain. As soon as I get mail/IMAP figured out on a Debian box I've got stashed on campus, I think I'm going back to a real IMAP system. There's a lot of good features in GMail, but IMAP works better for me - I wish Gmail offered IMAP.