Re: GRUB duplicates kernel entries in menu.lst

On May 12, 2007 07:27:05 am Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> > That is not what he is saying you get for your example.
> >
> >          Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-4-k7
> >          Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-4-k7 (Single User Mode)
> >          Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-3-k7
> >          Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-3-k7 (Single User Mode)
> >          Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-4-k7
> >          Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-4-k7 (Single User Mode)
> >          Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-3-k7
> >          Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-3-k7 (Single User Mode)
> >          Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-2-k7
> >          Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-2-k7 (Single User Mode)
> >          Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-1-k7
> >          Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-1-k7 (Single User Mode)
> >          memtest86+
> >
> > Happens every time I install/remove a kernel here as well then you have
> > to manually delete the extra 4 entries that are created it is rather
> > annoying.
> >
> > Stephen
>
> Yes, that's the point.

That is what I thought  Wackojacko has the answer in this thread it is because
of having the vmlinuz and vmlinuz.old symbolic links in /boot it adds these
as well. I removed them and updated grub manually I did not get the
duplicates put the links back updated grub and there were the duplicates
again. Which sucks because without the links it does not list my newest
kernel in the grub splash screen first so I would have to select it manually
instead of getting to boot into it without an action on my part.

Stephen

--
GPG Pubic Key: http://users.eastlink.ca/~stephencormier/publickey.asc