Re: Updated Sid today, xorg cannot find "nvidia" driver

Andrei Popescu wrote:

> Michał Wróbel <xmxwx@asn.pl> wrote:
>> Anyway, I wanted to report that I am using nvidia-glx-legacy and
>> after I have upgraded my Debian Sid today, my Xorg refused to start
>> up after reboot. The log message was exactly the same as quoted below.
> Do you have any special reason for using the legacy driver? I would
> recommend to upgrade.

Unfortunately, I do. It's my old NVidia GeFORCE 2 PRO, which does not seem
to be supported by the upstream. I know that the hardware nowadays is
cheap, but... I just don't like throwing out good, working hw just because
someone decided to stop supporting it.

Anyway, Debian decided to support the legacy version as well. I am very glad
about this. I have just reported the problem I've encountered and suggested
a simple way for the others to solve it. I don't have the problem anymore,
at least until next Sid upgrade :).

--
Michał Wróbel
xmxwx@asn.pl