Re: huge log files

Hello,

I'm sure you've fixed it long by now, but just to close the thread with a possible solution.

If you've activated Bandwidth Monitoring in webmin, and your logs are getting filled with BANDWITH_IN: and BANDWIDTH_OUT: entries, check here:

less /etc/shorewall/start

Here, you may find:

run_iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 -j LOG --log-prefix BANDWIDTH_IN: --log-level debug
run_iptables -I FORWARD -i eth0 -j LOG --log-prefix BANDWIDTH_IN: --log-level debug
run_iptables -I FORWARD -o eth0 -j LOG --log-prefix BANDWIDTH_OUT: --log-level debug
run_iptables -I OUTPUT -o eth0 -j LOG --log-prefix BANDWIDTH_OUT: --log-level debug
run_iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 -j LOG --log-prefix BANDWIDTH_IN: --log-level debug

Simply comment these out, restart your firewall, and your huge logs should return to normal.

Jamie