Re: [OT] Good, evil and religion [WAS] Re: A way to compile 3rd party modules into deb system?

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 16:55:07 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 05/09/07 15:54, Florian Kulzer wrote:

[...]

> > It always struck me as odd that the gospels could not agree on whether
> > Josef and Maria had to go Bethlehem for a census or if they had been
    ^^^^^     ^^^^^
Interesting how I slipped back into childhood there without even
noticing...

> > living there already.
>
> Which canon Gospel is that in?  Both Matthew and Luke say that the
> couple traveled from Nazareth to Bethlehem.

Only Luke has the taxation/census story. Matthew states that Jesus was
born in Bethlehem without mentioning any preceding journey (Mt 2:1). He
has the family settling in Nazareth once they return from Egypt, but it
sounds like that is the first time that Joseph comes to that city (Mt
2:22-23).

The contradiction is not as clear as I remembered it, though.

          Florian   |