Re: [OT] Good, evil and religion [WAS] Re: A way to compile 3rd party modules into deb system?

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 01:26:34PM +0200, Joe Hart wrote:
Roberto � wrote:
Let us agree that to every Christian and Jew (at least) God is a He.

Anyone read "Evangelical Feminism - A New Path to Liberalism" by Wayne Grudem? Interesting book about interpretation of scripture. It talks about the ways people "craft it to suit themselves", i.e.

- Saying the Genesis is wrong
- Saying that Paul was wrong
- Saying that some verses found in every manuscript are not part of the Bible
- "Later developments" trump scripture
- "Redemptive movement" trumps scripture
- Is it just a matter of choosing our favorite verses?
- Can we just ignore the "disputed" passages
- Does a pastor's authority trump scripture?
- Teaching in the parachurch
and others

Chapters on women include:

Disruptive women in Corinth?
Women homeowners as elders?
Women deacons with authority?
Does "head" mean "source"
Is the Son not subordinate to the Father in the Trinity?

And,

The Next Step"  Denial of Anything Uniquely Masculine
Another troubling step: God our mother

I'm sure some of you would enjoy it!

- John