Re: fluxbox slit

> The slit is one of the many parts of Fluxbox that has been inherited
> from Blackbox. It is designed to hold WindowMaker Dockapps, (and
> anything that runs in that mode which is called 'withdrawn' or (less
> often) 'swallowed'). Such applications often have a -w option, but
> some are automatically in withdrawn mode.

I've been running Blackbox for 8 years, but what the 'slit' is, has
always remained a mystery. This explanation does not bring any light
either. What, for heaven's sake, is a 'WindowMaker Dockapp', what
'mode' are they talking about, when is an application 'withdrawn', what
does the -w option do?
My conclusion is that the 'slit' is a big joke, they're keeping it
deliberately mysterious.  ;-)

S.H.