hda: lost interrupt

Hello All,

I just installed the Debian Etch 4.0 on my system.  It will not
complete bootup however.  It keeps hanging on "hda:  lost interrupt"
and eventually fails to boot entirely.

I previously had Debian Etch "Testing" installed.  It has been working
fine for the past month up to the moment I tried installing 4.0.

I tried re-installing 4.0 three times all with the same result.

My system is an Intel Core2 Duo.  I'm trying to install Debian Etch 4.0 AMD64.

Does anyone know how to recover from this error?

Thanks,
Dallas