Re: getting a pdf document to print

Mathias Brodala wrote:
Hi Andy.

andy, 10.05.2007 18:46:

I have received a multipage pdf document that has been locked so it
cannot be printed. I would like to be able to print this document so
that I can read it "on the road". Any ideas for by-passing the lock?

You might want to try "pdftk". From the manpage:

       Same as above, except printing is allowed (once the PDF is open)
         pdftk 1.pdf output 1.128.pdf owner_pw foo user_pw baz allow printing

Regards, Mathias

Mathias - great call thanks! I actually just decrypted the file like so:

pdftk the_document01.pdf input_pw <usrpasswd> output the_document02.pdf

pdftk is a nice little "Swiss army knife" program!! Thanks for the help :)