Re: getting a pdf document to print

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 17:46 +0100, andy wrote:
> I have received a multipage pdf document that has been locked so it
> cannot be printed. I would like to be able to print this document so
> that I can read it "on the road". Any ideas for by-passing the lock?

In Evince (version 0.8 from experimental, not sure about the unstable
one), run
        gconftool --set --type bool /apps/evince/override_restrictions
        true

And you should be able to view and print it. I think Xpdf have something
similar, but I'm not sure if it's a compile time option or not.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson