suggestions for window manager

There are a lot of window managers available (too many to download and
test them all over a slow dial up link) and I'm looking for suggestions.

Here's what I want:

low-resource: box only has 64 MB available.
	Most of the time, x apps are run via ssh to my main Athlon64
	box.

Rock solid stable.  A focus on good design and being bug-free over
adding 'features'.

A little panel with a clock and buttons for frequently used apps
preferably with a little helper to set up or a very simple config file.

A place for minimized windows to go that displays their current title.
E.g. if Konquorer's download manager (all via ssh) is busy, it puts its
percent complete in the title.  Having a little panel for these makes it
easy to keep track of progress.

Window resizing, minimizing, maximizing, shading.

I used to use icewm but the configuration and menu-editing apps don't
seem to be in etch.  I've tried xfce4 but it seems to use too many
resources.  I've also had it die periodically.

Uses easy to read fonts.

What I don't want is:
	On one hand, gradients, graphics everywhere, tiny icons that
	I can't see, and bells and whistles.

	On the other hand, something that needs keyboard commands I
	can't remember, configuration only via a complicated config
	file.

Questions this generates:

While a workstation/desktop can tolerate restarting X without much fuss,
someone running a cluster of computers from a main console with lots of
xterms needs a solid window manager.  IBM has is Hardware Management
Console (which I think runs either OS/2 or AIX) and Cray has Console
Workstation.  What do debian people use who need a solidly reliable X
setup?

Thanks for your ideas.

Doug.