Re: Affecting Institutional Change (Yeah Right)

    > mmiller3 <mmiller3@iupui.edu> wrote:

    >> You might consider printing them with openoffice and then
    >> asking them to explain the hardcopy to you.  This works
    >> especially well if there are included figures.  Works if
    >> you have access to an older version of office too.
    >> Especially if the software that produces the wierd
    >> hardcopy is on university machines.

    > I appreciate the suggestion, but that's not really relevant
    > for a couple of reasons (if I get your meaning correctly).

I suspect you may have missed my meaning.  I'm not suggesting
that you use openoffice to read the documents you are complaining
about - I'm suggesting that you use a tool that will illustrate
to your nemesis that the format is not well suited for sharing
documents.

On the other hand, if you aren't willing to use a pointing device
at all (or is it just mice?), then you may be out of luck
altogether.  Are you trying to convince the administration to use
different data formats?  Or that they aught not use a mouse?

Mike