Re: cups prints only on reboots -- solved (firewall present)

Firewall prevented new reserved addresses (10.55.1.* and 192.168.*.*),
although it still allowed former standard IP addresses on printers.

Rather than roll with my own iptables firewall script;
on this new computer, I had used the firewall "firestarter".
I had forgotten that I even installed a firewall,
which I had installed to maximize security and minimize my footprint on
our network (ducking and covering).
So that our administrators wouldn't pry my Linux computer from my
"cold dead fingers", I had added a firewall.
I was hoping to pre-empt any complaints about my use of Linux.
My firewall was more against our organization,
since our organization has its own firewall
against the internet universe,
so I had de facto two firewalls in series.

Network IP changes that tripped me up
came with numerous other computing changes as
our administrators moved away from Novell to Microsoft,
firming even more a Microsoft-centric base.

The needed correction was done to firestarter's firewall
configuration GUI by unclicking
   "Block traffic from reserved addresses on public interfaces"
so I could use our printers that had IP addresses  10.55.1.*

I might have more quickly seen this problem,
since as my computer booted up,
accumulated/unprinted print jobs would suddenly print.
This happened because my booting computer must have started cupsys print services
before the firewall fully ran.